“Most defense lawyers are negotiators nowadays. They are ultimately compromisers. I’m not!!”
-J. Tony Serra, legendary defense attorney
FRANK’S FEARLESS FIVE
1. These are words to live by! Negotiation has its place, but the ability to try cases results in better resolutions. Read more about Serra in Paulette Frankl’s “Lust for Justice: The Radical Life and Law of J. Tony Serra.”
2. The Innocence Project in the United States has helped free a number of wrongly convicted individuals. Now China has a project. Read the full article here.
3. Great legal advice! Never speak to a police officer regarding a case without a lawyer. Be polite and ask the officer to call your lawyer.
4. High drama department! The story continues of the Oakland County Circuit Court judge who held three children in contempt for refusing to have lunch with their father. Read the full article here.
5. Local update—As of January 1, 2015, the 68th District Court of Genesee County will be consolidated into the 67th District as its 5th Division. Judges of both courts and their support staff are of high quality. I am expecting a very successful transition.